Pages

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The saga continues...

Are you tired of hearing about these mice? Yes, they seem to have multiplied. Since they are still present and accounted for, I visited the carpenter today. He came and nailed boards to the bottom of my door so that the door would be flush to the floor, as to keep mice out.

To no avail, as I was lying across the bed this afternoon resting for just a few minutes, yes, I saw a little critter scurry across my floor. I redressed and gathered my belongings and headed off to the market. There is a little store not too far away of which I have become a regular. Two older men, who are brothers, own and run the shop. They know a little English and they have become quite helpful in times of need.

I entered the shop and told one of the gentlemen (in my best Hindi), "Uncle, I need help. There are mice in my house. I am not happy. What can I do?" With a gentle smile and a nod to an employee, he produced a small box. As I took the box from it, it read "Rat Kill Cake." He asked how many I would like. I asked how many he had? I bought all four. Surely they will be gone soon, surely.


*Here's my door with it's new addition, and my latest purchase, rat kill cakes.*

~Heather

1 comment:

Amy Childs said...

Heather those aren't mice, it is just a Tik Tiki lizard :)