Pages

Monday, October 19, 2009

Diwali

Diwali has officially come to a close. Hopefully the nightly midnight fireworks are also coming to an end. The holiday certainly didn't turn out as we had expected, but I know that it is what the Father had planned. I am earnestly searching for the place that I walk in step with him, daily, in all things; and find true satisfation, complete contentment, and ultimate joy in doing so.

We did get to spend bits of time with those we are coming to know and love. The time with sweet friends is something I have come to treasure. Cathy & I spent good time together. We watched fireworks from our roof, walked down the street to look at the lights, and spent time worshipping the Father. It was a good day. May we truly abide in him and seek to be guided by his plans, rather than any plans we make on our own.

Cathy & I have been distributing gifts and cards to the families around us. We wrote words of truth on those cards. May the Father allow those to fall into the hands and be read by the eyes of those whom he is drawing to himself. Ask the Father to use his words to soften the hearts of these precious friends.

I am looking forward to all he has in store. He has certainly allowed the days gone by to be quite an adventure. However, I have no doubt that the best is yet to come. It is! He will return one day. He will meet us in the air. It is more than I can imagine. May we all live each day looking forward to and ready for that day.

~Heather

No comments: