Pages

Sunday, October 11, 2009

My Best Day

At the end of the day, one of the things I like to ask Sarah is, "What was your best thing today?" I love to hear about her favorite part of each day. I love to see how the Father is providing, protecting, and blessing each and every day.


I think the Father gives us best things each day, and best days every so often. A couple of Saturdays ago, I had the opportunity to go meet and spend the day with a precious national family. They are believers.

The woman of this family has between 22 and 25 children from the slum come to her home each afternoon to have school. The families of these children cannot afford to send the children to school. In India, there are no cost free schools, all education requires tuition to be paid, therefore, a huge population of Indians never get to spend a day in school.

This woman is doing her very best to teach, using a one house school room type approach and she hasn't had any training in teaching. The family had been asking that I come to spend some time there with them, observe, and offer any suggestions or assistance possible.

It was an amazing day for me. I didn't realize just how much my teacher's heart has missed the classroom. I loved sitting with the children and allowing them to show me all that they had learned. I loved that this sweet teacher wants to do her very best and is so open to new ideas and teaching strategies. It is my earnest prayer that the Father allow me to get to be involved with this program, as well as others like it.

M-town is well known for their production of athletic equipment. The families in this particular area weave badmitton rackets. I sat with some women who were chatting close-by and watching the children have school. Once I joined them, I saw the unfinished rackets on the ground and asked about them. The young ladies immediately showed and taught me to weave the racket. It was such fun to sit, laugh, and chat with them while we wove rackets.

We took the opportunity to speak to the Father with our new friends before heading home. What a wonderful, fulfilling day! I can hardly wait to see what else the Father has planned in the days, weeks, and months to come.



~Heather

*Thank the Father for giving me a "best day so far."

*Ask that the families in this area would become more open and their hearts would be softened, in order to understand and believe the truth.

*Ask that the father guide and protect this family as they strive to share within their community.

*Ask that the Father would reveal His plan for how we are to encourage and support this program.

*Ask the Father to continue to sustain Cathy & I as we strive to learn Hindi well and build relationships that will eternally change lives.

*Ask the Father to continue to allow good conversation about Him with my language helper, Koni, as well as all of those in our community.

No comments: