Pages

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Currently...

The gather up the gopher wood and pitch kind of rain is falling. Big Texas drops, the drops that result from days of humidity withheld, are showering down in common time.

In my attempt to cook more, I am making meat loaf, with turkey, instead of beef, and rolled oats, rather than bread crumbs. It's supposed to be better for me. And it is. After some trial and error, reading and specific revelation from God, I have found that I should limit my intake of refined carbs.

I am, shockingly, not very interested in marriage, for myself. I am fascinated by marriage, as a Gospel issue; however, not pining for or relying on the "satisfaction" so many of us have convinced ourselves exists only for the coupled. This realization appeared yesterday.

I have never walked this closely with the Lord. Gone are the days of convincing myself grandiose life awaits in the atmosphere of the next great stage, town, task. This is a new stride in life for me. Enjoying the journey, ridding myself of useless desires, finding wealth in relationship, reveling in God's will and realizing the responsibility to continue seeking Him. And, this seeking Him is not reflected in me having it together, displaying vast knowledge; rather, in Him and His strength and faithfulness gloriously displayed through obedience to His Word. Lord help my unbelief!

On that note, I have decided to extend my time at Seminary, by one semester. There will be days, lots of days, I will wish to be much nearer to completing my degree. Hopefully, those days will fade with presto. I have decided to let the remainder of my classes resinate.

The meat loaf is starting to give scent to my apartment. Rain drops have decreased in measure. I have officially enjoyed the current genius playlist on my iTunes to the maximum. I should create a new one soon.

Enjoy your day.


(One of a collection of recent creative efforts)

~Sarah

2 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW, How encouraging!!

It is GREAT to hear of a friend getting their eternal act together. It is a bit daunting to hear of your peace in what seems like very difficult circumstances and my faultering steps forward in what should be peaceful circumstances.

Maybe I should be looking at turkey and rolled oat meat loaf!!

~Heather~ said...

You, my Sarah, are a treasure. You encourage me so very often. Thank you for reminding me of the Father's faithfulness and for encouraging me to desire nothing more than him. I love you so