Pages

Saturday, August 7, 2010

To India I Go!

This morning I sit less than 24 hours shy of stepping foot out of the country for the first time. I am not sure my mind has completely wrapped itself around the adventure that awaits!

I think its funny that I am going to India, right now, when the world, and Julia Roberts, are so interested in eating, praying and loving in and around this country. But, I am not jealous of the adventure portrayed there. I am not longing to go to some spiritual country to find myself. I have already been found. Actually, I have been adopted, bought with a priced, sealed in a covenant with Christ.

On the ground, in India, waits my best friend! That is why I am going. I am going to see a friend. Friendship is priceless. I spend a lot of days thanking the Lord for my singleness. Through singleness I have learned the value of a friend - both how to be one and what it is to have one. No ring on a finger to demand commitment, no DNA to require loyalty. Just grace and love - because He first showed us grace and love.

Thank the Father with me for friendship. For His ability to sustain it. For allowing the plans He has for each of us to intersect, to weave in and out, and come together again.

Pictures to come!!

Sarah


No comments: