Pages

Saturday, August 7, 2010

The Story of Katie Rose

Storying!

This summer I fell in love with storying! When I first got my project confirmation email, and caught the title of it- "Storytelling Gurus" -I was a bit taken aback and afraid. What had I gotten myself into?

Upon arrival in India, I became excited when I recived the storying materials. As I started learning stories, they came oh so naturally. I mean, one might expect that, because they are stories we grew up with, but I didn't expect to be so confindent. Usually I stumble over words and such, but once I learned these stories, all I wanted to do was share them!

To watch the women learn as we shared was amazing. As they listened, despite the millions of constant distractions (kids, animals, etc), their eyes would light up as they began to truly understand who Jesus is and what He has done for them. And then to see some of them deciding to share the stories with others, as well!

It is really rewarding when you are storying- you learn, you teach, God joins in, they learn, they share with others. God has truly blessed my life with this experience of storying.

In fact, that is how I open when I speak with a group. I tell the story of the Great Commission, and say, "That's what I did... and this is what happened!" Because God is truly using these stories- His stories- to draw for Hinself a people for His own possession! I was so glad to be part of it!

~Katie Rose (a summer M-town guest)

1 comment:

Juliawilliams96 said...

I like your blogs, this post is really amazing. very informative and great post from you. I really appreciate your work, keep working like this.
Must try this Moto Riding