Pages

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

SOPI is coming! (or, has come...)

SOPI is the language assessment that determines the level at which Hindi speaker is performing.

As I was hurrying on my way to catch the bus to teach in the village, I was stopped on the road by a polite young man on a bicycle. He asked, in his very best english, if I was the named person on the envelope. And, since Cathy & I are the only foreigners in the area and Heather is certainly not a Hindi name, he had a 50/50 chance. I quickly signed for and accepted the envelope, and headed on my way. I stuffed it into my bag and went on with my day.

Once I returned home from the day's adventures, I found the light yellow envelope I had stuffed into my bag only a few hours before. It still remains unopened on my table. I know what is inside. The SOPI arrived today. So, I will complete the SOPI on my Friday afternoon, that is American Friday, April 30th, morning.

Any and all prayers would be greatly appreciated.

I do know that I will indeed survive this time, however, I would very much like to do very well (as some of you may know, I am a little bit of an over-achiever sometimes). The Father has already taught me so much and shown me more of himself through this intensive language learning time. It is my deepest prayer that he will allow me to more fluently share who he is with those around me.

~Heather

1 comment: