Pages

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The monster we call Sopi

Today, as I ponder the woman that I am, I am amused.

I was just thinking, "I love being the teacher, so why don't I love being the student?" Then, I realized, I love to teach children who need to be taught in a different, unique way.

In the same way, I like to learn through hearing and experiencing, through ways that are somewhat unique.

Studying Hindi has been fun. It is so encouraging to finally understand what Auntie is asking. My heart glows when a friend comments on how much my Hindi has improved. I have loved learning Hindi from my friends and neighbors, and even from Bollywood films.

However, I have reached the language learning stage in which a classroom with a teacher and textbook is necessary.

Sopi evaluates my language. She lets me know the level at which I am speaking. She has said that eventhough I can talk with Auntie now and can handle business transactions, my Hindi isn't, well, sophisticated or eloquent.

So, I am off to Hindi school. I started class this morning. The teacher gave me homework, and, it wasn't to watch a Bollywood film!

But, to conquer Sopi, I will do my homework and my best to study, and learn, beautiful Hindi.

Sopi, watch out! Here I come!

~Heather

*Thank the Father for this opportunity for me to increase in my Hindi abilities.
*Thank Him for the provisions to be in a good Hindi learning environment.
*Ask the Father to give me the ability to absorb and process so much Hindi in such a short time.
*Ask that the Father allow my Hindi to reach the place that I can clearly share His stories and truth without "Hindi hiccups," for this is really what matters.

No comments: