Pages

Friday, January 8, 2010

Overwhelmed

I am working with some friends in the big city this week. During the day, we have been going into the city and seeking to follow the model provided in Luke 10.

Today as we walked about, talking with ladies, I was completely overwhelmed by the task at hand- sharing the truth with those who have yet to hear it. There are too many. The task is too big. There aren't enough of us, and too many of them.

As my head swam with questions and I sought to find a solution, there was a gentle assurance, a strong piller amidst my shifting thoughts.

"This isn't your task, my daughter, it's mine. I will use you. I want to use you. I can accomplish far beyond anything you can ask or imagine. Remember that I am the one who puts the moon and stars in place and roves about the earth drawing people to myself. This is my task, and I have a plan. Just walk obediently, and I will use you."

The sweet reminder and assurance of a Father who loves his children.

~Heather

No comments: