Pages

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Hard Days

Cathy & I have found ourselves in hard times right now. Hard days come, and hard days go, but sometimes they seem to stick around for a little while.

As I left for the airport in the wee hours of the morning, heading off to this great adventure, my heart stung. This was an assignment for Cathy & I to complete together. However, the situation has left me to complete it alone.

Most days, in South Asia, you find yourself not feeling great, but just pressing through, knowing that tummys and heads, noses and throats, they just don't love living in South Asia. Most days we just feel kind of "yucky."

On Friday we decided that there was something more to Cathy's "feeling yucky." So, we headed to Delhi, grabbing what we needed to stay for the night, see the doctor, and return home.

After a series of lab tests, Cathy was diagnosed with Typhoid. Now Cathy is going to be just fine and at the top of her game again soon, but for right now, we are having hard days. I had to leave Cathy in Delhi to recover and march on to conquer this adventure solo.

I don't understand why the Father is allowing these hard times, but I am thankful that He is an ever-present help in time of need.

*Thank the Father for good medical care for Cathy.
*Ask the Father to heal and encourage Cathy.
*Ask the Father to use even these times to draw Cathy & I closer to Himself, as well as, together as a united team.

~Heather

No comments: