Pages

Friday, January 29, 2010

A birthday to remember

Monday was my birthday. I don't love celebrating my birthday. I don't like to stand before a group and be found at the center of attention. I am a behind the scenes kind of girl. So, deep down in my heart, I may have been disappointed if my birthday had gone unmentioned, but it was much better than running the risk of being put in the spotlight. I assumed I was pretty safe since I was spending the day with brand new friends.


We were staying in a hotel just on the outskirts of the big city. As I was finishing getting ready, I heard 5 voices singing "Happy Birthday." I peeked out to find the sweet faces of these 5 new friends who were visiting from the states. I stepped out of my room to find balloons and some of my favorite treats. These precious girls wanted to make my birthday special.

The day opened with these new friends showing love. Following breakfast, we spent time in worship together. We sang some of my favorite songs of praise. I sat on the floor, bare-footed, and shared one of my favorite stories from God's word.

The ST4T conference began and we sang out praises with national women in their heart language. I saw national women equipped to share the stories of how the Father has changed their lives with others who don't yet believe. The day closed knowing that the Father is truly at work in my heart, while He is at work all over South Asia.

Indeed, it was a special day.

~Heather

No comments: