Pages

Monday, November 23, 2009

city of villages

I set out to prayer walk at least a few times each month. It's an amazing time to spend with the Father asking for His hand to move throughout M-town.


He takes this time to show me new places and to meet new people. Sometimes I find myself on a University campus and sometimes I find myself in a field; sometimes He leads me to neighborhoods of middle-class people and sometimes He leads me to the slums; sometimes I walk through busy intersections and sometimes I walk along a dirt footpath.

Last week I set out to prayer walk and found myself walking into a little village. It was a little village right in the middle of M-town.


India is a country of villages. M-town is a city of villages.

This village had such a sweet spirit. The men, women, and children were quite curious of these two foreign women walking along their paths. A crowd of children began to follow Cathy & I. I spoke to them and they giggled as they respectfully replied.

We walked by gates and saw women completing their daily chores. Many of them chose to come close to the walkway to see what was happening. These sweet women invited us in. They were not harsh, they were not rude, they were merely curious and hospitable. They offered all that they had, their time, and possibly a cup of tea.

A village is a small area in which a concentrated number of people live. These people live in tight community. They operate often as one large family.

What an amazing couple of hours is was to be welcomed into this village. It is my prayer that the Father would allow me opportunities to build relationships with those in these villages, that I would have the opportunities to share His stories, and that His stories would ignite and spread rapidly from village to village, calling these precious men, women, and children to know Him as Savior.

~Heather

*Ask the Father to lead me into villages who are open and willing to hear His story.
*Ask the Father to allow communication to flow easily and that His story would be shared in a way that is understood by all those who hear.
*Ask the Father to soften the hearts of the people of M-town and that they would choose to follow only Him.

No comments: