Pages

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

"The Bible So Song"


Yesterday, I spent the day with a precious little boy. His name is Maddon and our days together usually include taking adventures or being creative. I love that.

Lately, I have been wondering how I could weave Christ's love for Maddon into our day. And, let's blame it on the seminary training, I have been wanting to communicate to Maddon the deep theological truths of our faith. How do I bundle everything that is so great about Christ, so necessary to know Him and so fascinating to be obedient too? How do you eat a theological elephant?.... One small truth at a time. While driving, I was reminded of a simple song; and, as Maddon and I drove back to his house, I began to sing:

Jesus loves me this I know;
For the Bible tells me so;
Little ones to Him belong,
they are weak but He is strong.
Yes, Jesus loves me.
Yes, Jesus loves me.
Yes, Jesus loves me.
The Bible tells me so.

There is was, everything I wanted to introduce Maddon too. The authority of God's Word, the love of Christ, the strength found only in Him....all in a song I learned when I was two. Maddon loved it! I must have sang those lines 50 times. Fifty times of telling this sweet little boy that the God of the universe loves us and he can know that because His Word says this love is so.

Yesterday started out as an average, creative, adventurous day, with Maddon. The day ended with the Lord reminding and allowing me to share in His work, to invest in a life for eternal purpose. With one little song, containing several Truths, our afternoon went from typical Maddon and Sarah Jacks fun to creative didactic.

Oh, that we do not get so caught up in ideas that we forget to sing a song....




~Sarah

1 comment:

Erin and Charlie said...

Thanks Sarah. So nice to read your words and know that someone with your values is with our little boy.