Pages

Sunday, April 19, 2009

When Seeing Stinks...

Sometimes it's not fun being the one who can see the situation for what it is, for more than those around you can recognize it to be.  At times, I find myself in these situations; especially, as I am walking close with the Lord.  

Right now, someone dear to me is hellbent on spiting.  At least, this is how it seems.  So insecure is she. So unsure of most everything, she finds herself barreling down a path she has convinced herself is right.  She is headed for disaster and will take advise from no one. What are we to do? 

Waiting on the Lord is not a passive state. Just as, walking in obedience is not always active. What am I to do? If I speak, I risk exasperating.  If I remain silent, I risk my silence being viewed as approval. 

I have a hard time believing that she must experience great hurt to learn. This is the advice I have received from dear friends. 

What is the role of family in someone's personal decisions? Does speaking the truth, in love, encompass speaking when it will not be heard?  

All I know is that she is headed for disaster - and she is taking people with her.  It's not fun to be in this position. Especially, when you do not know to speak or remain silent.   

~Sarah

No comments: