Pages

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Shifting

I stand, I stand in awe of you. I stand, I stand in awe of you. Holy God to whom all praise is due, I stand in awe of you.

This morning, I am reminded of who he is and why he has brought me here. Amidst this time of continual shifting, he is God. He is an everpresent rock. He is to be worshipped and adored. He has brought me here to share his story, so that others can do the same. What an honor that he would choose to use us, his children, to spread his name.

The plans are continually changing. I am in D, and even as I am so ready to move on, to get to do whatever the next thing is, I am thankful for time to draw close to him. The what and where of the plan is changing, but the calling remains the same. He has made it clear that he has brought me here to share his story with the women who do not yet know it. Being surrounded by those who have never heard his story, and do not yet know him, makes the hot days tolerable and the waiting worthwhile.

I am thankful for the reminder that the most important thing each and every day is to spend time with him. I pray that I will remember this, even on the days that are so full of tasks and responsibilities.

Ask that the father would draw me closer each day and that he would provide clear direction in such a transitional time.

Ask him to grant wisdom in each decision and patience to wait on his timing.

~Heather

No comments: