Pages

Saturday, April 18, 2009

What will the days bring?

Grace, grace, God's grace; Grace that will pardon and cleanse within. Grace, grace, God's grace; Grace that is greater than all my sin.


He offers so much more than I deserve. I am ashamed that I get so frustrated. Why is it that I think I deserve to be in control? I identify so well with Paul's writing in Romans. He shares, "I do not understand my own actions. I do not do what I want, but the very thing I hate." (Rom 7:15) A Know-it-All Control Freak is not what I want to be. It is something that I dislike seeing in myself and others, but it seems that I am so often this person.


The Lord is showing me and teaching me new things about himself, myself, and others, everyday. I know so little; he knows everything. I sacrifice so little; he sacrificed much. Everything feels completely out of control; he created everything, it is all under his control.


I truly believe that now is the time for South Asia. I believe that he is going to do things in the days to come beyond what we can even imagine!


Every day is full of countless unknowns. There are more unknowns today than maybe I have ever experienced. I like a schedule. For me, a plan, including a detailed "to-do" list, is a good thing. This week, my plan and to-do list have been deemed void. There is nothing wrong with them, but they will not be needed or come to fruition at this time. There are possibly big changes in the air. Change is so often for the better, however, it is quite often extremely difficult.

What will the days ahead bring? That is yet to be known. As each days comes, a new measure of trust must be extended. He has a plan. Changes do not surprise him; they surprise only us. May we each seek to share his story with those who have not heard, no matter the cost or inconvenience to ourselves.

Ask that the father would help me to be faithful to his calling.
Ask that he would bring a peace over the decisions that must be made.
Ask that he would give an abundance of grace to extend.

~Heather

No comments: