Pages

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The most difficult thing

My last 5 days in America were spent in Fort Worth with Sarah. Those days were full. They were full of so many different things.

We laughed; we cried.

Such sweet memories were made, memories that I will cherish for a lifetime. Pictures were made, Mexican food was eaten, long drives were taken, late-night talks were had.

I desperately wondered whether I would be able to get on the plane and say good-bye, for a little while. I laid in bed trying to think of ways to make the days longer or the time better.

The Lord is good. Our time was great. This will not be the last. In years to come, we will look back on it with appreciation that it was there.

The Lord has plans. He will protect and provide for each of us as we learn to live on opposite sides of the globe. He has promised me, and he always keeps his promises, always.

Knowing this, still didn't make saying good-bye and flying away any easier. Leaving my best friend was the hardest thing I have ever done, I think. Saying good-bye to what has been and what is familiar. It's just not such an easy thing to do.

But, again, I know, and today, and choosing to trust, that the Lord has plans. He has plans to prosper us, and not to harm us (Jer 29:11). Those are the plans that I want. Those are the plans that I want for Sarah, too, even more than the plans I can imagine myself.

Somewhere, I am finding joy in the sacrifice, joy in knowing that we are each walking in obedience of the Lord, joy in knowing that those who do not yet know our Father will hear his name and of his truth, and joy in knowing that there will be a special sweetness in the day that I do get to see Sarah again.

The Lord is good, for his steadfast love endures forever (Ps 106:1).

~Heather

No comments: