Pages

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Tired...

Tomorrow is our final day in London. It has been a long week. It often seems as if the Lord decides to discipline me each time He takes me overseas. Or, maybe He takes me overseas each time I reach the point of needing such discipline. Either way, it has been a difficult week, to say the least. He has allowed me to fall, literally. (Yes, I fell down the stairs at the East London Mosque. It seems as though I survived with only a sprained / bruised right ankle and another reminder of who is in control; and it’s not me!)

It has been an absolute joy to have the opportunity to encourage others in their work. I have loved every moment I have gotten to spend with women from my old home. The twinkle in their eyes when I attempt to speak their heart language makes it all worthwhile. However, I desire each day to get to share with those the Lord places on my path. I get so discouraged when it seems that my conversations are always interrupted by something. It is my prayer that they will often remember our short conversations in their heart language and that the difference between me and the others with whom they come in contact with, is Jesus. What a difference He makes. I pray that difference is evident each day, in every circumstance.

No comments: