Pages

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Adventures, indeed!

The adventures, indeed, have begun. We finally reached our destination and it was time to sleep after a couple of days of going without. Who can have a positive outlook on things without sleep? Not I! I have now had a short night’s sleep and we are off to have our first day in London. I just know God has amazing plans in store!

It is a bit chilly here. It is so great not to sweat by merely walking out of the door! We got to leave that Alabama heat and humidity behind. It is my prayer that we will be found faithful today in each task He lays before us. It also a great desire for us to be an encouragement to those who are here for the long haul.

I’m not sure how my first nights without my daily conversation with Sarah will be. That daily assurance that she was well and managing, has been a comfort to me. Without it, I have to trust that God is caring and providing all that she needs.

It is the start to a brand new day and I am having incredible difficulty arousing the troops. After the hour of pushing and nudging and calling out their names, the women have arisen. We have 15 minutes until breakfast. We’ll never be on time. I’m not sure time is of the essence right now. May God grant me patience. We are down to just over 10 minutes to go! Oh, let the good times roll!

And now, just for an update, 5 minutes to go and no one is dressed. They are not sure what to wear. I just have to laugh. I told them I was going to get a pot and a spoon for tomorrow morning’s wake up call!

3 comments:

~Sarah~ said...

Take it easy on the old timers.

~Heather~ said...

I'll try. That is all I can promise!

~Sarah~ said...

You put a picture in your post! Way to go!