Pages

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Recent Realizations

As the Spring semester has come to a close, I have wound down quite a bit. Slowing down and not having so many things to be focused on has provided the space and time to realize. Below is a list, ever growing, that I am becoming aware of:

1.I am auditory. All the way. I enjoy reading; but, as far as soaking up information, give it to me MP3 style. It takes me forever to read and process. But put it to me over speakers and I am on it. This is probably why I enjoy NPR so much.

2. My all-or-nothing worldview/way of approaching things permeates everything I do. My faith, my work, my school, cleaning my apartment....everything.

3. I need to find a balance. Scratch that. I need to know what 'balance' is and then find it.

4. My unsocial tendencies are working against me. When I do stop, from work, school, etc, I find that I am deeply lonely. Not just bored. Lonely.

5. My knack for shooting from the hip, ability to build my parachute on the way down, figure out what I need to do and know, reliance on my ability is severely hindering my relationship with the Lord.

6. I work too much; and, when work is too much, I work some more. (Thanks, Daddy) I need to learn to enjoy.

7. I take myself too seriously.

8. I don't know how to see my good qualities.

9. I am hating this list right now.

~Sarah

1 comment:

Jeremy Polley said...

#10. You are honest. And I think that's awesome.