Pages

Monday, May 18, 2009

on purpose

The most quoted phrase from the book of Ester is sure to be, "for such a time as this." The father has been teaching me this week more of what it means to be purposeful. I am often found saying, "The father has good plans. There is great stuff in store."

I memorized Jeremiah 29:11 as a youth. The father does have plans for us. I know that he promises that they are plans to prosper us and not to harm us, plans for a hope and a future. However, it is easy for me to get caught up in the plans to come and forget to be purposeful in the "right now." The father is teaching me that he does have plans and a purpose, and eventhough much of what he is teaching us and molding us for might be still to come, there is purpose and meaning in each day.

May we find his plan and purpose in each day. May we not sit idly by waiting for a huge plan and purpose, only to miss the everyday wonders and miracles that are wrapped in opportunities to share his story. May we earnestly seek to live each day, "for such a time as this."

~Heather

No comments: