Pages

Saturday, May 23, 2009

I have so far to go...

The more I learn, the more I realize that I have to learn. Isn't it like that with everything? Several years ago, I was at a particular place in my life that drew me very near to the Father. It was then that I realized how much more there was to learn and experience, of and in him.

The past week was full of cultural experiences. There were, of course, the good, the bad, and the ugly. There always are, I guess. Because I want to be seen as confident, I often come across as someone who is quite familiar with and understanding everything that is going on. I have a bit of a knack for playing it cool, for shooting from the hip. When I am shaking in my boots, I want it to look like I have it all together, like I am confident in my knowledge and understanding of every situation.

Well, don't you worry, the Father is allowing me to see every moment that I have so far to go.
  • I want to know the Father's story in such a way that it freely flows from of me.
  • I want to communicate that story on a heart level with those around me, in their heart language and in a way that is most meaningful to them.
  • I want those around me to hear my heart's song.
  • I want to find myself in perfect harmony with the Father.

I don't just want these things, they are what I long for. May each day he give me the courage, the energy, and the humility to get one step closer.

~Heather

No comments: