Pages

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Special days

Sarah's birthday has just passed. Daddy's birthday is coming. Mother's Day and Father's Day are gone for this year. Maddon has turned 2 years old. Sawyer will be 1 in September. Ellie started 4th grade, and Mason has started 1st.

This is what I miss most. My heart is sad on the special days that I miss. I love birthdays and holidays and first days of school. How can I make it special from half a world away?

How can I share with you my own special days?

Yesterday was a special day. Granted, the past two days have included my chasing a mouse, who has yet to be exterminated, around my apartment. However, an amazing phone call came mid-afternoon that just made my heart smile.

Around 2 o'clock I was out at the market and the phone rang. The market isn't a very easy place to take a call, but I answered none the less. It was my sweet friend who is living in A'bad. She called to share with me how the Father is truly at work there.

Ari has continued to read the book of truth and asked to be dunked two weeks ago. She is still the only believer in her family, but she wanted to follow the Father obediently, knowing that this included going swimming. The arrangements were made for the ceremony to take place. However, when the time came, her family told her that if she did this that she would no longer be welcome as part of the family. Emotions were high and this young lady was placed in a position that most of us can't imagine. She has not yet been able to follow through in this act of obedience.

She has been sharing with her friends what the Father is teaching her. She shares stories of truth with them. She, along with 7 others, have decided to meet together weekly to share the Father's stories! These are really amazing steps for a young lady to take. She understands what the Father is asking of her and is stepping out in faith. I know that the Father has even more incredible plans in store for Ari! He is faithful and my heart is smiling. Oh, that one day this nation would share His stories far and wide, that they would sing out in one voice of praise and honor to the Lord Most High!

~Heather

*Praise the Father for Ari's boldness to step out in faith and share His truth with those around her.
*Thank the Father for allowing me to get to share in His plan and goodness.
*Ask the Father to give Ari courage to openly speak the truth.
*Ask the Father to bring the other 7 girls to a knowledge and understanding of the truth.

No comments: