Pages

Friday, September 4, 2009

Last Day

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope."Jeremiah 29:11
This morning, I get ready for my last day of work, at my current job. I have enjoyed my time and the friends I have made at Kobi. And, I am so thankful that I can leave on a positive note. I am thankful that the Lord has given me the grace to finish well, the words to say to show appreciation and the awareness of the opportunity to glorify Him in the situation. I know He will continue to provide. I am comforted by His encouraging my spirit, as I continue to take steps in the direction He is leading. Sweet friends have offer to help me look for employment. They have offered to pray and have given me the kindest words of encouragement. In these weeks of unemployment, I will have more time to prepare for sessions, studying and working at becoming a better student of counseling and counselor. I love that.

"Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” Hebrews 13:5


As I step into a difficult time, financially, accompanied by the less than hopeful economic scene, I know this may not be easy. I know I will have to give up some conveniences, turn some dinner invitations down, advise the Chic-fil-a workers of my temporary absence; but, what an opportunity I have to draw near to the Father and learn more about Him, as He teaches me more of who I am in Him.


"And you have seen all that the Lord your God has done to all these nations for your sake, for it is the Lord your God who has fought for you." Joshua 23:3


He knows my future. He is able to provide. He causes all things to work together for my good. He will fight for me. I am His, purchased by the blood of His Son. His to mold, His to sanctify, His to love. All that He has done before and all that He will do again is greater than all that I could dream up and work to accomplish. In His will is where I want to be found.




Seeking Him.


~Sarah

1 comment:

~Heather~ said...

I am so proud of you, my Sarah. He does have plans for you. I stand amazed in His presence of what He has already done. I am so thankful for you and I can hardly wait to see all that He has for the days, weeks, months, and years to come!