Pages

Monday, July 12, 2010

villages

I love my time in the village.
I love telling stories. I love hearing stories.
I love a slow paced lifestyle. I love that no one knows what time it is.
I love that people are patient with my limited Hindi.
I love that they are eager to hear the stories of truth, stories they have not heard before.
I love that the Father is at work.
I love that the Father is drawing these people unto Himself.
I love that the Father is increasing His number daily.

Most villages have a tube pump that supplies water for the entire village.

The girls love to draw on my hands with henna,
creating designs that serve as a temporary tatoo which lasts for a week, or so.


There is never any telling who will join you on village visits.
( I laugh as I write this. There are pigs 50 yards from my front door now. Sometimes I think I live in the jungle, or on the farm, or at least in a zoo!)

~Heather

No comments: