Pages

Saturday, November 29, 2008

For Such a Time as This

The Lord has called. I have answered. The journey is just beginning.

This November, I was appointed to a career assignment that will take me back to South Asia, the land of so many who are finding themselves on a spiritual journey. They are looking for hope in the midst of absolute darkness and the Lord has called me to join him in shining his light in such a dark place. This is the call of a lifetime. What could be better than following wherever He leads?

The Lord is good. I stand in amazement as I look back. He works all things together for good, all things. During my first term (approximately 3 years) in South Asia, I will be working to empower nationals to craft and learn the stories of God's word. These stories will then be used for sharing and discipling. So many of those in South Asia do not read and write. It is through stories that understanding is gained. I have great anticipation of the days that the Lord will draw nationals unto himself, through his stories.

I will not be tackling this task alone. The Lord has provided a partner, Cathy. We have only met on a few occasions, but trust that God has great plans in store for us, as we join our forces with Him in sharing his story in a dark land.

The Lord continues to prove himself faithful. I seem to see and understand a little more of his plan each day. I will spend some time in Virginia after the first of the year, and will say my good-byes the second week of April, heading to South Asia.

...for such a time as this.


~Heather~

2 comments:

Debra Harvey said...

is this the country we met in?

Debra Harvey

~Heather~ said...

Nope. It's gonna be a whole new adventure!