Pages

Sunday, October 19, 2008

What makes a home?

I've recently been pondering ideas of what makes somewhere in particular home. We often ask those we meet, "Where are you from?" Is this question asking where we live, where we grew up, or something entirely different? It seems that at least for me, this is a loaded question these days. Where did I grow up? Montgomery, AL. Where have I spent most of my adult life? Mobile, AL. Where do I live today? Charlotte, NC. Where do I wish I lived? Fort Worth, TX. How should I answer a simple, "Where are you from?"

The Lord recently used a friend I greatly respect to remind me that this world is merely a temporary home. It is with him in heaven that those of us who trust Jesus as our Savior will find our eternal home. May we rest in knowing that Jesus has gone before us to prepare a place for us and may this knowledge compel us to share the Good News with others.

No comments: